Posts Tagged ‘lupus and spine’
Arthritis is related with the pain which affects the joints of the body. Arthritis affects the members of both the sex but especially of older age. Different types of arthritis are there which affects different people in different way.
There are different causes of arthritis like hormonal imbalance, emotional stress, hereditary factors, physical exertion, infection, structural changes in the articular cartilage of joints, injury, shock, obesity, ageing, previous physical injuries, high level sports, severe fright and occupational sports.
Though there are more 100 different kinds of arthritis, but some of them are very common and their symptoms –
1. Osteoarthritis Symptoms: It is also known as degenerative arthritis, arthrosis, degenerative joint disease or ‘’wear and tear”. This condition is related with low grade inflammation and results in pain in the joints. In this condition the patient experiences pain during walking and standing. It is the most common form of arthritis.
2. Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms: This condition is said to be a chronic, inflammatory autoimmune disorder. It is related with the painful inflammatory condition and it affects the joints. Sometimes it may lead to substantial loss of mobility. Approximately 60% of the patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis are unable to work after 10 years of the onset of their disease.
3. Gout Arthritis Symptoms: Especially it attacks the patient in their big toe suddenly and in severe form, but it may affect any joint of the body. This problem can be controlled with the help of diet and drug. Usually it attacks the person starting between 40 and 50 years of age. It affects maximum people between this age group.
4. Psoriatic Arthritis Symptoms: It is related with the inflammation in the bone and other joint tissue like rheumatoid arthritis. Sometimes the whole body may be affected by this problem. 5% of the people suffering from psoriasis, a skin disease are affected by this problem. It is a chronic disease. For some people it is mild but for some people it can be quite severe.
5. Septic arthritis: Usually this condition occurs by the invasion of the joint space due to some infectious agent. Usually this problem is bacterial but sometimes it may be viral, microbacterial and fungal arthritis.
6. Ankylosing Spondylitis Arthritis Symptoms: This condition is related with the chronic inflammatory disease of the spine and it result in fused vertebrae and rigid spine. Usually it affects the men between the ages of 16 and 35 years. It is very harder and milder to diagnose in the women.