Posts Tagged ‘incidence of ankylosing spondylitis in women over 50’
There are many types of arthritis but here in this article we have listed some of its common types. Depending upon the nature of cause, arthritis may be divided in to the following types
1. Rheumatoid arthritis is one of the most common and chronic form of arthritis. It occurs when the body’s own immune system attacks the synovium or cell lining inside joint. Therefore this form of arthritis is often grouped as an autoimmune disease. Rheumatoid arthritis if not diagnosed in time, may lead to total loss of joint function and permanent disability. It also shortens life expectancy.
2. Osteoarthritis is caused by the degeneration of joint cartilages. Generally the weight bearing areas like knee, hips, spine, and base of feet are invaded by this type of arthritis. It is the most common form of arthritis affecting elderly population.
3. Gout is another common form of arthritis caused due to accumulation or deposition of MSU or monosodium urate crystals at the joints.
4. Reactive arthritis is a form that occurs as an aftermath of infections like intestinal or genitourinary infections. Young adults are usually attacked by this type.
5. Ankylosing spondylitis is characterized by low back pain. This type usually attacks the spine and sacroiliac joints.
6. Psoriatic arthritis is often associated with psoriasis. It is an inflammatory form and may lead to serious conditions.
7. Fibromyalgia is a soft tissue arthritis caused due to defective functioning of neurotransmitters in the brain.
8. Polymyositis is a systemic condition affecting not only muscle around joints but also heart and lung muscles.
9. Pseudogout also occurs due to crystal deposition around joints. In case of pseudogout, the deposition of calcium pyrophosphate or hydroxyapatite occurs.
10. Polymyalgia rheumatica affects the hip, shoulder and neck regions, causing severe stiffness and pain. People over the age of 50 fall prey to this type of arthritis.
11. Lyme disease occurs due to infection by the bacteria Borrelia burgdorferi. It is transmitted through deer tick bite.
12. Systemic lupus erythematosus is an autoimmune disease affecting woman during pregnancy. It may attack different internal organs.
Natural Remedies for Arthritis and Joint Pain
1. Hot vinegar massage can relieve joint aches.
2. Rubbing aching joints with warm olive oil also yields good results.
3. Essential oils like that of juniper, cypress and lemon have tissue cleansing properties, and can improve circulation of blood around joints.
4. Massaging aching joints with camphor mixed mustard oil can be of help.
5. Dandelion leaf extracts can increase urine output with its diuretic properties. Thus it can minimize arthritis symptoms.
6. Rubbing affected area with fresh potato juice diluted with water on the ratio 50:50 can help a lot.
Incoming search terms:
- Ankylosing Spondylitis life expectancy
- lupus and toe pain
- ankylosing spondylitis prognosis after age 50
- life expectancy ankylosing spondylitis
- types of spondylitis
- lupus toe pain
- life expectancy with ankylosing spondylitis
- explosive arthritis
- life expectancy for ankylosing spondylitis
- Life expectation of people with ankylosing spondulytis